Are split ends, dandruff and itchy scalp stealing away your good hair days? Has the winter season turned your hair dull and dry? Don’t worry! We are here with some excellent winter hair care tips that will help you make your hair game stronger. Read on!
Winter hair care
Winter can take a toll on your hair. Just like your skin, your hair also needs protection from the cold weather to remain soft and healthy. During the winter season, cold winds combined with dry indoor heat can wreak havoc on your hair strands. But fret not! We are here with some simple hair care tricks for you. Stay with us!
Hair care tips for healthy hair
Cold temperature tends to make the hair and scalp flaky, rough and dry. And this is why you need a winter hair care routine. Do you want to learn how to take care of hair in winter? Here are some tips from our side. Take a peek please:
1. Condition your hair properly for the best winter hair care
Don’t skip applying conditioner during winters. Try using a creamy conditioner containing natural oils like coconut, olive, jojoba oils and shea butter. They can provide your hair with deep nourishment.
● First, shampoo your hair and rinse it thoroughly. Then, apply the conditioner from the mid-length to the hair ends.
● Try to apply more on the ends to prevent dryness and split ends.
● Let the conditioner rest on for a few minutes and then wash it with cold water.
2. Stave off heating tools
Your hair turns very delicate during winter. Using heat styling tools can make it brittle and lead to more hair fall. So, it is better to embrace your natural hair texture. Always try to air dry your hair as much as possible. Avoid blow drying your hair as it draws moisture out of your hair.
3. Don’t leave the house with wet hair
Cold air tends to make the wet hair shaft expand and thus, makes it prone to breakage. It can also cause hair colour fading. So, always remember to dry your hair before stepping out in the sun. Allow your hair some extra time to air dry and protect it from damage.
4. Hot showers are not a cool idea
A hot water shower in the cold weather is always tempting, isn’t it? But hot water tends to remove the natural oils and moisture from the hair and makes it dry. It also leads to an itchy scalp and causes flakiness.
Therefore, you should always wash your hair with lukewarm water and splash some cold water at the ends to help seal the hair cuticles.
5. Avoid regular hair washes for the best winter hair care for dry hair
Frequently washing the hair with shampoo tends to strip off the natural oils from the hair and causes hair dryness. Hence, try to extend the time between your washes. Try not to shampoo your hair more than twice a week. Also, try using a sulfate-free and mild shampoo to maintain the moisture balance in your hair.
6. Hair oils can do wonders for you
During cold months, your scalp tends to get dry and itchy due to lack of moisture in the air. This may cause dandruff, scalp irritation, flakiness which in turn cause hair fall. But don’t worry. A hot oil massage with nourishing hair oils is all you need. Oils like coconut or olive oil can perform magic for you.
These oils tend to penetrate the hair shaft and keep the hair moisturised. Also, massaging improves blood circulation to the scalp and nourishes the hair follicles. This stimulates hair growth too.
7. Keep your hair covered for the best winter care
Your hair gets stressed when exposed to the cold air. Try to keep it covered with a scarf or a hat. Also, line your hat with silk or satin cloth to prevent friction from cotton and woollen materials. Or you can also use a dry oil spray to fight static hair and tame flyaways.
8. Pamper your hair with regular trims
Dry and cold air causes hair breakage and split ends. Also, friction from caps and scarves tend to put an additional burden on the hair. But you can prevent this from happening by trimming your hair every four to eight weeks. This keeps your hair healthy and free from split ends.
9. Healthy diet for happy hair
Did you know foods rich in protein are beneficial for hair health? Try increasing your intake of essential vitamin-rich foods like carrots, eggs, berries, pumpkin and many more. Try to follow a balanced diet that includes vegetables, dairy products, omega-3 fatty acids and meat to keep your body and hair healthy. Also, stay hydrated.
10. Get a humidifier for yourself
Cold weather can zap moisture from your tresses. A room heater provides warmth during winter, but it also dries the air inside your room, and that causes hair damage. But humidifiers can help balance the moisture levels inside the room and prevent hair dryness.
Keep in mind the hair care tips for winter season mentioned above and get ready to embrace healthier hair even on cold, chilly days.
The Hair care in winter with home remedies
Has winter been harsh on your hair? Fed up of dry, frizzy and unmanageable hair? Fret not! We have got your back! We are here with some easy tips on how to take care of your hair in winter season. Read on!
Hair care in winter at home
Given below are some home remedies that can keep your hair moisturised and lustrous:
Embrace the magic of tea in your winter hair care routine
Yes, you heard it right. Get a shine boost for your hair with tea. Take instant tea and mix it in lukewarm water. After you are done washing your hair with shampoo, use the tea water for the final rinse. Tea also helps in protecting hair colour.
Grab the egg boon
Take an egg and mix it with your regular hair shampoo. Apply it on your damaged hair. Then rinse it off with cold water. Try this trick once every week for the best results.
There is one more way to utilise eggs for your hair benefit. All you need to do is to take two egg whites and 4 tablespoons of water. Blend the mixture well till you get a white foam. Now, apply this foam all over your hair, especially the strands and let it rest for at least an hour. Then, wash it off with mild shampoo and cold water.
Welcome some olives in your life
With olive oil, you can get the best hair spa at home. First, dampen your hair. Then, apply lukewarm olive oil and massage it all over the scalp. Massage for at least 5-10 minutes. Then, cover your hair with a shower cap and a hot towel. Let the oil rest in your hair for at least an hour. After that, wash it off with a shampoo of your choice.
Gain the goodness of coconut
Oiling of the hair is extremely essential, and coconut is a blessing for every type of hair. Take lukewarm oil and massage it nicely. Leave it on overnight and wash your hair the next day. Your hair will feel smoother and softer, like never before.
Try the pumpkin effect for the best winter hair care
Pumpkin is enriched with vitamin A and C and can do wonders for your hair. Make some pumpkin paste and mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix them well. Once the mixture is ready, apply it all over your hair, focusing more on the scalp and ends. Let it rest for at least 20 minutes and then, wash it off with normal water. Your hair will feel super soft after this.
Try the banana and avocado pair and plan the perfect winter hair care routine
Take one ripe banana with two ripe avocados and mix them well. Apply the mixture on your hair and then, put your shower cap on. Let the mixture rest for at least 30 minutes. After that, rinse it off with a mild shampoo. This helps in keeping your hair nourished and moisturised.
Some more hair care packs for winter
Try the home remedies mentioned below and get enhanced hair quality in winter. Keep reading!
Softer hair with aloe vera
Aloe vera is infused with hair-softening properties. Follow the steps given below and get smoother hair:
● Take some aloe vera gel in a bowl. Add lemon juice and one tablespoon of coconut or olive to it. Blend them well. Then, apply this mixture on your hair from roots to tips. Let the mixture rest for at least half an hour.
● Then rinse your hair with lukewarm water and use a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
Be friends with the milk and honey duo
● Take one cup of whole milk in a bowl. Now, add one tablespoon of honey to it. Blend them well. Apply the mixture on your hair and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
● After that, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Your hair will feel soft, like never before. For best results, try this hair mask at least once a week.
Include onions in your winter hair care routine
● Onion juice is considered to be a fantastic home remedy for hair. And when you combine it with honey, it makes an excellent hair care treatment to control hair fall in winters.
● Extract juice from one onion and put it in a bowl. Then, add 2 tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of rosewater to it. Mix them well.
● Apply the mixture on your hair with the help of cotton swab. Let the mixture rest for at least 45 minutes. After that, rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
Get the power of yoghurt
● Combine some yoghurt with eggs, and it will be an absolute treat for your hair. Take two eggs and two tablespoons of yoghurt in a bowl. Mix them properly. Then, apply the mixture on your hair and scalp.
● Let it rest for some time and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Winter hair care homemade tips
Has winter been too harsh on your hair? Fed up with frizzy hair? Fret not! We have got your back. We are here with the best home remedies for your hair. Read on!
Winter hair care for dry hair
● Wondering how to take care of frizzy hair in winter? Don’t worry. We are here with an excellent hair care home remedy for you. So, all you need is curd, aloe vera gel and olive oil.
● Now, 3 tablespoons of curd in a bowl. Add some aloe vera gel and a few drops of olive oil to it. Blend them well. Then, apply the mixture on your hair and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Finally, rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Best winter hair care with aloe vera
● This hair mask can do wonders for your hair. All the ingredients that are used for preparing the hair mask are very beneficial for maintaining hair health. Curd is packed with anti-bacterial properties that help reduce dandruff and itchiness in the scalp.
● Aloe vera contains enzymes that help in repairing the dead skin cells on the scalp. It also helps in enhancing hair growth. It has moisturising properties, and this makes it an excellent solution for dry and frizzy hair during the winter season. It also prevents hair breakage.
● Olive oil is considered to be one of the best natural oils that you can use for your hair. It helps in increasing blood flow in the hair follicles which in turn leads to hair growth. Also, olive oil has moisturising properties that keep the hair smooth and soft during winters.
Pro tip: Drink plenty of water during the winter season. You need to drink adequate amounts of water in winter because it helps keep your hair hydrated and healthy. It helps in maintaining the moisture content in your hair.
Apple cider and yoghurt hair mask
● You need two tablespoons of yoghurt, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Take the yoghurt in a bowl and add apple cider and lemon juice to it. Mix them well. Then, apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Let it rest for about 30 minutes and then wash it off using a regular shampoo.
● Apple cider is rich in vitamins and minerals and helps in maintaining hair health. Your hair will feel soft, like never before.
Pamper your hair with these healthy and easy winter hair care tips and get ready to embrace smoother and silkier hair.
Happy good hair days to you!
1. How can I oil my hair in winter?
Try to moisturise your hair and scalp with a regular hair oil at least twice a week. If you have dry hair and dandruff issues, apply oils such as coconut and castor oil directly to the scalp. Massage for at least 5-10 minutes. Let the oil rest for some time and then, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Follow the above-mentioned winter hair care tips and get smoother and healthier hair like never before.
2. How can I stop hair fall in the winter season?
Here is a simple home remedy for the best winter hair care for you. Take one cup of coconut milk and add a few drops of honey to it. Mix them well. Then, apply the mask on your hair from root to ends. Now, cover the hair with a shower cap and let the mask rest for at least 30 minutes. Then, wash it off with cold water. This hair mask can perform wonders for your hair.
3. How to take care of hair in winter?
Numerous easy tips can help you craft the best winter hair care routine for yourself. Remember to moisturise your hair with nourishing hair oils like coconut and olive oil. Also, avoid frequent hair washes to prevent hair dryness during winters. Make sure to condition your hair properly. Try to avoid heat styling tools during the winter season as they tend to draw the moisture out of your hair. Cover your hair with a scarf or a hat before stepping out of the house. Follow these simple winter hair care tips and get ready to welcome your good hair days.
4. Is it common to have hair fall in winter?
Yes, it is quite common to experience hair loss during the winter season. The cold, dry air outside tends to suck out all the moisture from your scalp and makes your hair dry. This leads to hair fall. But there are multiple winter hair care tips that can help you maintain healthy hair. Try to oil your hair regularly. Also, consume the right vitamins. Vitamins tend to make your hair stronger and healthier. Also, you can find the best hair care products with Mountainor. They are made from natural ingredients and are 100% safe to use. Shop now.